Thursday, May 22, 2008

High Heels

When life gets tough,
There's only so much we can do to survive.

If you stumble, take off your high heels.
Take my hand and follow me into places where your mind says no.
Cast aside the image society has forced you to wear.
Turn off your cell phone, hang up your designer jacket.
Wipe the makeup from your face and see with clear eyes,
Unclouded by media and the masses, and look on life unblinking.
Listen to my voice, not as a person but as an idea,
And leave aside all the things that aren't you.
Shatter the image you present to the world,
Bare the soul within, and show me who you really are.
Tear away the pretty gift wrap and open your heart,
Because it's not what's on the outside that counts to me.
A touch between hands is fragile enough, and ends in time,
But a connection between hearts and minds is forever.
So take away what you're not and leave only what you are,
Mind, Body and Soul united in beauty unsurpassed.

No comments: