Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Who am I?

Who am I?

I'm a sailor, on the sea of life,
Tossing and turning with the wave,
Never knowing what lies ahead,
Except the stillness of the grave.

I'm a explorer, in the wild,
Never seeing past my own nose,
Like life, like jungle, and all between,
Wherein I wander, no one goes.

I'm a worker, at the shops,
Toiling away, day ere day,
Past hours, weeks, months and years,
I kill myself, to earn my pay.

I'm a poor man, on the streets,
My life is cruel, and hard to boot,
I'm lost and starved and never safe,
Just like life, the point is moot.

I'm a migrant, in a strange land,
Outcast here, no home I find,
My life is lost, I have no hope,
To linger here is to break my mind.

I'm a hero, never-born,
Son of gods and spinner of fate,
Quest and journey, shield and sword,
I'll never rest, at any rate.

I'm a person, in my own right,
I'm lost and tossed and dead inside,
But what I find within myself,
Is hope, and faith, and naught to hide.

No comments: